Click behavior

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:15 PM

When I ran the testing program, I noticed that the mouse button must be held down on the split button or the menu would disappear. I believe the typical behavior of a split button is to leave the menu open when the mouse button is released. Perhaps there is a property that can be set to achieve this, but I couldn't find it.

I really appreciate you creating this project and making it available to everyone.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for taking an interest in this project. I'm aware of the behavior not being standard, but I unfortunately won't be working on this project anytime soon because my need for the control is no longer. I implemented the click behavior in a non-standard way because I was having trouble implementing it correctly. The popup component of the control would stay open until a item was clicked, even if you clicked on another control it would still remain open. I didn't have time to figure it out so I went with a quicker, but non-standard solution. Even though I'm not currently working on this project and it still has a few issues, hopefully it will serve as a starting point for other developers. Feel free to use the code in anyway you want.