Some of you may have noticed that there is no built-in SplitButton control for WPF. Here you'll find my implementation.
EDIT: (7/10/2011) This project is very basic and should not be considered a long-term solution. I recommend only using this for demo applications or for research; although you may use it for any purpose you desire. In the future I plan
to implement a professional quality splitbutton implementation, but please don't hold your breath as you will surely suffocate...
Here's some screenshots so you can see what the control looks like.
- AlternationCount is not currently supported.
- ItemTemplate is not currently supported.
- ItemTemplateSelector is not currently supported.
- The only way to remove the "Chrome" is to define a new ControlTemplate (just copy from the existing templates...)
- The drop down does not stay open when you release the left mouse button; left-click drop down button then drag and release over the item to select it.
- This control was designed to work with MenuItems only.
- Handle the Click routed event on the SplitButton for notification when the SplitButtonHeader is clicked.
- Handle the ItemSelected routed event on the SplitButton for notification when a MenuItem is selected.
- AutoUpdateHeader dependency property will update the SplitButton's, SplitButtonHeader's, Content property automatically when set to True.
Comments, Questions, and Bugs
- Please leave comments and/or questions in the Discussions area of the site.
- Please report any bugs you find in the Issue Tracker, so they can be fixed.
My WordPress Blog
You can find my blog at: http://thrash505.wordpress.com/